Why the need for a sales transformation?
- Why does sales with a highly distributed, independent group of producers have the exact same organizational structure (tree hierarchical model) as the finance team?
- Why do we compare a high performance sales team once a quarter to a top sports team, yet we ignore the basics of top sports team – repetitive training/coaching
- Why do we increase a persons quota if he performs against previous quota until the point of failure has been reached and a demotivated employee leaves?
Today’s sales teams are the main differentiator, as all products, services, and solutions have started to look alike;
- Based on same mathematical principles
- Using the same hardware, silicon, displays, cloud, open source etc.
- Build on a very similar user interface such as activity timelines, pictures etc.
Just walk into a Best Buy (oops I mean look on Amazon) and shop for a smart phone, a tablet, etc. Don’t believe me? Compare box.net vs. Dropbox vs. google docs, EchoSign vs. DocuSign, Jive vs. Yammer — everything looks the same.
Sales as the companies Unique Selling Point
I will come back in more detail to this at a later date, here are the highlights:
- Clients are #1 priority of the company
- Clients are your best lead generation
- Leads generated by clients result in shorter sales cycle and lower acquisition cost
- Unlike products, services, user interface and alike, every human being is unique
- That makes you a USP and the most important asset
- If that is the case we should re-org with a focus on training/coaching towards this approach
Want to learn what you can do to start? Click here.